Ingredients (approx. 40 cookies)
* 2 ½ cups flour
* ¾ cup butter (softened)
* 2 ¼ cups powdered sugar
* 1 egg white
* 1 tablespoon of water
* ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
* purple, pink and blue food coloring
* edible silver glitter (optional)
* star sprinkles
* 1 star-shaped cookie cutter (or cardboard template).
You can buy premade royal icing!
1. In a bowl, use your fingers to mix the flour, ¾ cup of the sugar, the butter and the water together until the dough forms a ball. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
2. Roll the dough out to just under ½ inch thick and use the cookie cutter to cut out stars. If you don’t have a cookie cutter, just cut out a template in some cardboard!
3. Preheat the oven at 350°F for 10 minutes. Insert the skewers all the way to the center of the cookies. Bake for 10 minutes + 5 minutes with the oven turned off. Let them cool completely!
4. For the icing, pour the egg white on the rest of the sugar and mix for 5 minutes, until you get a very thick paste. Add the lemon juice. Use a toothpick to add drops of food coloring and gently swirl it through the mixture to create the marbled effect.
5. Carefully dip the stars in the marbled icing to coat one side. Rotate the cookies to catch any drips and put them on a flat surface so that the icing spreads evenly.
6. Before the icing sets, sprinkle glitter and stars on your cookies. Finish off by attaching a kind note to your friends…
Soak the skewers in water for 10 minutes to prevent from turning black in the oven!
Share your creations on social media!
Since she loves surprising her friends, Nebulia came up with a recipe for colorful shortbread cookies that match her hair and taste delicious. They might even make wishes come true…
Discover our new products before everyone else!
+ You’ll receive activity ideas, content to download and print, and exclusive promotions!